Thursday, June 01, 2006

(Naughty) Poetry Thursdays

I first read e.e. cummings in high school English class. Though we nearly killed "anyone lived in a pretty how town" by discussing it ad nauseam, I still came away with a fondness for cummings' rhythm and his cheeky "no capitalization, no punctuation" thing. When I looked into him a little more, I discovered "may i feel," and his other, more sensual poetry, which our teacher neglected to clue us in on. I think English grades would have gone up if she had.

may i feel

may i feel said he may i feel said he
(i'll squeal said she
just once said he)
it's fun said she


(may i touch said he
how much said she
a lot said he)
why not said she

(let's go said he
not too far said she
what's too far said he
where you are said she)

may i stay said he
(which way said she
like this said he
if you kiss said she

may i move said he
is it love said she)
if you're willing said he
(but you're killing said she

but it's life said he
but your wife said she
now said he)
ow said she

(tiptop said he
don't stop said she
oh no said he)
go slow said she

(cccome?said he
ummm said she)
you're divine!said he
(you are Mine said she)

-e.e. cummings


Read more of his work here.

And a shout out: I first discovered Poetry Thursdays from The Voix, who I blog-stalked for months along with the rest of Cavu's blogging posse. Thanks for adding a little poetry to my week, blog queen!

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Voix said...

You got it, darlin. Now let's get you into the blogroll zone.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Voix said...

I've decided after reading this poem again that ee cummings is pretty fricken cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home